Mr. Nied focuses his practice on corporate and securities, mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity financings and intellectual property. His corporate commercial law practice includes representing clients in matters relating to corporate contracts, securities regulation, Blue Sky law, and private placements. Mr. Nied also has extensive experience handling transactions involving debt and equity financings, joint ventures, fund formation, licensing agreements, engineering services contracts, development and supply agreements.
Mr. Nied also has extensive experience with the long term care industry. Mr. Nied has advised clients in the acquisition and sale of individual and portfolios of skilled nursing and assisted living facilities throughout the country. He has handled the sale and change of operators of various facilities. He has drafted management agreements and operations transfer agreements and dealt with various state and federal regulatory agencies involved in the transfer of long term care facilities and their operations. He has also advised clients on various financings in the long term care industry, including, debt, equity and accounts receivable financing.
He has also represented both lenders and borrowers in all aspects of HUD-insured loans, including acquisition and construction loans, refinancings and the TPA process. He has undertaken both individual loans from both the lender and borrower perspective as well as multi-property, multi-state portfolio loans.
- Troutman Sanders
- Morgan Lewis
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Entrepreneurs Forum of Hampton Roads: Founder; Board of Directors
- Hampton Roads Technology Council: Board of Directors – 2006 – 2011
- Modeling and Simulation Advisory Committee to the Virginia General Assembly Joint Commission on Technology and Science: Member 2006
- Hard Sciences Advisory Committee to the Virginia General Assembly Joint Commission on Technology and Science: Member 2003
- Start Norfolk: Mentor 2011, 2012
- Hospice and Palliative Care of Tidewater: Board of Directors – 2014 – present
- Listed in Inside Business magazine’s “Top 40 Under 40”
- High Tech Leadership Award, Technology Hampton Roads, May 2012